Well its out,
Director: Jon M. Chu Writers: Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick
- Dwayne Johnson as Roadblock (Marvin F. Hinton)
- Jonathan Pryce as the President
- Byung-hun Lee as Storm Shadow (Thomas Arashikage)
- Ray Park as Snake Eyes
- Elodie Yung as Jinx
- Ray Stevenson as Firefly
- D.J. Cotrona as Flint (Dashiell R. Faireborn)
- Adrianne Palicki as Lady Jaye (Jaye Burnett)
- Channing Tatum as Duke (Conrad S. Hauser)
- Luke Bracey as Cobra Commander
- Robert Baker as the voice of Cobra Commander
- Walton Goggins as Warden Nigel James
- Arnold Vosloo as Zartan
As you might have heard this was (link) was to come out some 8 months ago, but under went a 3-D conversion. As of late, the conversions have been as good as those filmed for 3-D. This isn’t one of those movies. Hell I don’t even know what this movie was trying to be.
Almost every important noteworthy “joe” is either killed off or never spoken of (from this I should have known that this was gonna be a crap movie.. But it had Bruce Willis). The Rock aka Dwayne Johnson is the new guy, and basically the lead for this movie. He isn’t the best actor. But his craft is getting better (I remember reading he did movies like the “Tooth Fairy” to get a better grasp of the art form). Bruce Willis was my draw to the movie, but he was barely used. But when he was on camera, he did delight with the action scenes he had. Oh and RZA makes a surprise in the movie.. His role was weird. He was some kind of Asian sense and the entire plot around his part of the movie was too convoluted to make sense to this trini movie critic.
I said earlier that I don’t know what this movie was, I mean in the first one, it’s CLEARLY geared towards children and early teens. This one has more of an adult theme but still very much a child friendly movie thanks to the PG rating I’m sure. Then it’s kinda unsure if this truly is a sequel since its basically a new cast, and reappearances that don’t make ANY sense.
Bottom line, don’t see it in theatres or if you do, don’t see it in 3d if possible. It’s solely a cash grab. Everything cool about this, is in the trailer.
- Overall rating of the movie: 2 out of 5,
- Cinematography: 1 out of 5,
- Editing: 2 out of 5,
- Audio: 3 out of 5,
- Acting: 2 out of 5,
- Theatres or wait for the blu-ray? Honestly, just download it, and keep it for when your have children around or something.
THAT’S IT! Cheers: “To Peace” and May the Force be with you!
– Xavier – @CoolyoNgeLEW