Well, what’s a summer without cars?
- Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto
- Paul Walker as Brian O’Conner
- Dwayne Johnson as Luke Hobbs
- Michelle Rodriguez as Letty Ortiz
- Jordana Brewster as Mia Toretto
- Tyrese Gibson as Roman Pearce
- Chris Bridges as Tej Parker
- Sung Kang as Han Seoul-Oh
- Luke Evans as Owen Shaw
- Gina Carano as Riley
For a movie that implies fast cars, it sure doesn’t start off that way. A lot of the movie is basically a reintroduction for already well established characters (though only two I couldn’t remember for the life of me) but it does help since Fast 5 was some 4+ years ago. There’s a lot that makes you want to care for the characters, and depending on who you relate to, you will – especially towards the end of the film.
Before that though, was the acting. I didn’t expect anything golden, but honestly it was terrible across the board. Vin Diesel and Tyrese stole the show for me. They had the best lines, probably the most screen time and their characters seemed the most authentic. Vin playing the same character that lives by a code and Tyrese being the character relief since the second instalment.
I think it’s safe to say, that if you’re expecting races in a franchise that started out that way, you’re expecting too much. Now, it’s a lot more about the story, the meaning of family and just how many stunts they can have with cars.
There isn’t any strong cinematography. There’s quite a bit of shaking camera work but it’s not entirely unbearable as some other movies. The end sequence of course is as thrilling as any climatic battle should be, definitely the best of the series. Funny that the reason I liked it wasn’t because of the cars… The honest highlight was the post credit scene.
- Overall rating of the movie: 3.2 out of 5,
- Cinematography: 3.5 out of 5 (camera stunt work is decent),
- Editing: 3 out of 5,
- Audio: 4 out of 5 (sound f/x),
- Acting: 2 out of 5,
- Theatres or wait for the blu-ray? see it in theatres but know they best part(s) is a the end. Get the blu ray if you’re a fan, otherwise it’s just a rental
THAT’S IT! Cheers: “To Peace” . Your eLEWsive Thought Provided by: the “LEW System”
– Xavier – @CoolyoNgeLEW